5th International Workshop on Smart Sensors Protocols and Algorithms (SSPA)
To be held at 5th EAI International Conference on Industrial IoT Technologies and Applications
December 1-3, 2021, Valencia, Spain
Sandra Sendra, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
Jose M. Jimenez, Université de Haute-Alsace, France
Smart Sensor protocols and algorithms make use of several methods and techniques (such as machine learning techniques, decision making techniques, knowledge representation, network optimization, problem solution techniques, and so on), to establish communication between network devices. They can be used to perceive the network conditions, or the user behavior, in order to dynamically plan, adapt, decide, take the appropriate actions, and learn from the consequences of their actions. The algorithms can make use of the information gathered from the protocol in order to sense the environment, plan actions according to the input, take consciousness of what is happening in the environment, and take the appropriate decisions using a reasoning engine. Goals such as decide which scenario fits best its end-to-end purpose, or environment prediction, can be achieved with smart protocols and algorithms. Moreover, they could learn from the past and use this knowledge to improve future decisions.
In this workshop, researchers are encouraged to submit papers focused on the design, development, analysis or optimization of smart sensor protocols or algorithms at any communication layer. Algorithms and protocols based on artificial intelligence techniques for network management, network monitoring, quality of service enhancement, performance optimization and network secure are included in the workshop.
This conference edition once again targets to gather researchers from academia and industrial sectors to present analytical research, simulations, practical results, position papers addressing the pros and cons of specific proposals, and advances in sensor protocols and algorithms. The topics suggested by the conference can be discussed in term of concepts, state of the art, standards, deployments, implementations, running experiments and applications.
Particular topics of interest include:
• Reasoning and learning techniques for sensing environment pollution
• Smart route prediction in vehicular sensor networks
• Smart data aggregation in vehicular sensor networks
• Smart multimedia network protocols and algorithms for WSNs
• Application layer, transport layer and network layer cognitive protocols
• Cognitive radio network protocols and algorithms
• Automatic protocols and algorithms for environment prediction
• Algorithms and protocols to predict data network states
• Intelligent synchronization techniques for sensor network protocols and algorithms
• Smart sensor protocols and algorithms for e-health
• Software applications for smart algorithms design and development in WSNs
• Dynamic protocols based on the perception of their performance
• Smart sensor protocols and algorithms for Smartgrids
• Protocols and algorithms focused on building conclusions for taking the appropriate actions
• Smart Automatic and self-autonomous WSNs
• Artificial intelligence applied in protocols and algorithms for WSNs
• Smart security protocols and algorithms in WSNs
• Smart cryptographic algorithms for communication in WSNs
• Artificial intelligence applied to power efficiency and energy saving protocols and algorithms
• Smart routing and switching protocols and algorithms in WSNs
• Cognitive protocol and algorithm models for saving communication costs
• Any kind of intelligent technique applied to QoS, content delivery, network Monitoring and network mobility management
• Smart cooperative protocols and algorithms WSNS
• Problem recognition and problem solving protocols for WSNs
• Genetic algorithms, fuzzy logic and neural networks applied to WSNs
Important dates – Updates!
Paper submission: 6 October 2021
Notification deadline: 7 November 2021
Camera Ready: 21 November 2021
Accepted and presented technical papers will be submitted for publication by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library. Workshop Papers will be published as a part of the (EAI IndustrialIoT 2021) Conference Proceedings. Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
We invite workshop participation through contributions that respond to one or more of the mentioned research questions in 12-15 pages. Papers should be submitted through EAI ‘Confy+‘ system, and have to comply with the Springer format (see Author’s kit section).